Samsung TV vs Samsung PC Monitor!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
First I was thinking getting the Samsung 226BW for my self.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001096&Tpk=226bw

The I remembered that my 14 years old brothers B-day in 2 weeks and he really wanted a new TV (and his comp monitor was kind of bad) So I decided to give him a nice present by getting a nice LCD TV, and he can use that 4 all his needs TV, PC, PS2, Sound system…etc This thing is like 23” and it has so many inputs/outputs. Samsung LN-T2342H 23”
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102122&Tpk=LN-T2342H

So after reviewing this TV and having a look at some pictures I decided why not get the same thing 4my self? What do u guys think?
Now I primary be using it for PC games, and aside from it have a bit less resolution then the 226bw and having just a bit slower response time of 8ms instead of 2ms, I think it would work great 4 me!

I can really use your help guys, because this is a big purchase 4 me, and I really don't want to go bad! Do u think i will have Ghosting on this TV? Will the In game picture be nice and clear?

PS: sorry if some of you might of already read something similar to this in my previous post "present for my brother" but this covers a bit different topic, so I created a new thread :D

Here are the full specs of the Samsung LN-T2342H 23" TV

Brand SAMSUNG
Model LNT2342H
Cabinet Color Black

Display
Screen Size 23"

Recommended Resolution 1366 x 768
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Viewing Angle 160°(H) / 160°(V)
Response Time 8ms

Connectivity
Input Video Compatibility PC Input: Analog RGB
NTSC/ATSC/QAM
480i/480p/720p
HDTV Capability HDTV Tuner Inside

Connectors HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface): 2
Component video: 2 (Y, Pb, Pr)
S-Video inputs: 1 side/1 rear
A/V inputs: 1 side/1 rear
PC input: 1
RF antenna inputs: 2
Headphone jack: 2
Optical audio outputs: 1
HDMI 2

Power
Power Supply AC 100~120 AC, 60Hz
Convenience
Built in Speakers 3W X 2

Features CCFL-Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp: Provides colors in your picture that were not available before.
4000:1 dynamic contrast ratio/450nit brightness
Picture-in-Picture (PIP)
Game Mode
V-Chip system
Trilingual on-screen displays: English, Spanish or French.
Variable sleep timer
SRS TruSurround XT
Auto volume leveler
Removable stand and VESA
Dimensions
Dimensions (W×H×D) Monitor with stand: 26.3" x 17.5" x 9.1"
Monitor without stand: 26.3" x 15.9" x 3.1"
Weight Monitor with stand weight: 19 lbs.

8ms won't produce ghosting. don't worry. this guy i know has a Sharp 52" LCD with 8ms and it ghosts a bit but thats cuz its a really big tv

Thanks for the info Borat.

this is what I was told by one of my buddys.

1366 x 768 isn't that fantastic of a resolution, and general PC use may suffer because of it.

However, some people like using monitors in small resolutions, my dad uses his 19" in 800x600, and wont switch for anything.

You can get converters for the inputs (I think).

Do you want a TV or a monitor?

The two things are actually quite different, you look for different things with a TV than a monitor.

So when the specs say "Recommended Resolution "1366 x 768" Does it mean this is the higest resolution? I been runing my current CRT at 1280-1024 for like 5 years and i love it, can i have the same res on this TV? is ther a way to find out what res will this TV offer me aside from 1366 x 768?

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom