Laptop solid state hard-drives..........
Check out the video.........
**Click Here for Samung SSD Video**
(NOTE: This is a 21MB file)
The bootup and vibration tests are pretty impressive compared to a HD.
Samsung's Solid-State Drive (SSD)
is an advanced NAND flash-based replacement for traditional hard disk drives, leveraging the company's longtime leadership in memory technology. This next-generation solution offers several advantages over rotating magnetic media such as significantly lower power consumption, remarkable ruggedness, high reliability, less weight and outstanding performance. According to iSuppli, approximately 60% of notebooks will have flash-enabled storage by 2010.
Key Features & Benefits
Reduced Power Requirements
• No moving parts
• Super-low operating and standby power needs
• Extends battery life up to 10%
• No spin up
• No seek time
• No rotational latency
• Sustained high-speed data transfers
• 60MB/s read, 40MB/s write speeds
• Can cut boot-up time in half
• No moving parts to fail
• Greater resistance to shock & vibration
• Operates in extreme temperatures (-20° to 80°)
• Noise free
• Virtually no heat emissions
• Less than half the weight of conventional hard drive