Safe Temperautres

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

my m8 sort of runs his pc as a server in the way that he only turn it off like once a week or when it really needs a reboot (i know most servers stay on longer than that but u get my point)

n e ways i just downloaded Asus Probe II to check my temps for him and hes running at

CPU : 56 - 60 'C
RAM : 40 - 43 'C
CPU Fan Speed : 4440 RPM

heres a rought list of his specs (from Everest Ultimate)

Motherboard :Asus P5VD2-MX (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Processor :DualCore Intel Pentium D 915, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)

RAM :2048 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)

Graphics Card :GeForce 7100 GS (512 MB)

And in task manager his CPU usage is almost always at 100% but he runs alot of stuff

so couple of questions

r those temps ok ?
can he do n e thing to lower them ?
and anything else you can comment on y ur here ?

is it wrong to say 'bump' or shud i have started new thread ?

on second page and no answers if no answer this time i will leave it

Hey, for Pentium D at 100% load, the teperatures are fine. Don't worry about them.

As for the CPU usage though, how many applications is he acually using because is it highly unusual for a CPU to be at 100% load, even with dual core.

I'd be more interesting in that rather than the temperatures.

Yeh temps are fine but if u realy want things ice cold without spending harderly anything get a Scythe SCNJ-1000 Ninja heatsink, My core2 Duo E6600 overclocked at 3Ghz on a heavy load, im talkin Supreme Commander, and video Encoding at the same time i get MAX around 45'c and idle around the 35s. and thats no lie lol

ok he runs second life but he runs more than 1 he runs 14 of them he also always has 5 or 6 internet explorer open usually a couple windows explorer media player ??? and that make 100% cpu load

now what bout overclcoking with standard fan & heatsink ?? i mean he raise the FSB from 200 to 210 and temps rose to bout 62 - 63'C how far is safe ??

i head this thing bout pentium 4's that they are almost impossible to fry same for this ?? considering it is technically a pentium 4 ??

ok he runs second life but he runs more than 1 he runs 14 of them he also always has 5 or 6 internet explorer open usually a couple windows explorer media player ??? and that make 100% cpu load

now what bout overclcoking with standard fan & heatsink ?? i mean he raise the FSB from 200 to 210 and temps rose to bout 62 - 63'C how far is safe ??

i head this thing bout pentium 4's that they are almost impossible to fry same for this ?? considering it is technically a pentium 4 ??

80C would be the absolute maximum. Though you probably want to keep the temps under 70C.
And p4's should shut down when the temps are too high, so it's kinda hard to fry them, but it's possible.

ok kool maybe ill tell him to get a new heat sink & fan coz he wants to OC

can u reccommend any others apart from

Scythe SCNJ-1000 Ninja heatsink

i heard zalaman r good ?

and while im here if my clock speed is 2800 Mhz at 200Mhz bus speed

whats it likely to be if i go upto like 225 ??

and while im here if my clock speed is 2800 Mhz at 200Mhz bus speed

whats it likely to be if i go upto like 225 ??

3150mhz

edit: ohh and zalman is fine too. I'm using Zalman cnps7700-cu and I've been satisfied with it. Though I'd probably go with scythe. At least scythe Infinity is an awesome hsf, don't have any personal experience from other scythe products but I will assume they are great quality too.

Back
Top Bottom