Safe to connect to wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonreeves2000

Baseband Member
Hello, I am able to tap into wireless connections using my laptop and was wondering whether anyone can tell me for sure if this is a safe way to connect? If not, is there a particular reason(s) why I should not? Thanks a lot for your info.

Jon.

It propably is safe, but depending on who owns the network it may not.

Big reason why you should not, is simply that it is illegal. It's not your network, you're not supposed to be on.

That's like asking if it's safe to jump in the neighbor's pool:

-You'll be tresspassing
-They will probably see you
-If you don't know how to swim then make sure you have water-wings

You shouldn't be venturing unfamilioo waters.

That's like asking if it's safe to jump in the neighbor's pool:

-You'll be tresspassing
-They will probably see you
-If you don't know how to swim then make sure you have water-wings

You shouldn't be venturing unfamilioo waters.

Agree! Plus you never know how many viruses and infections the guys have. If his network is not secure, that means that the guy have no idea from protection, and most probably his network is infected with viruses or trojans or malware, you name it!! :rolleyes:

Agree! Plus you never know how many viruses and infections the guys have. If his network is not secure, that means that the guy have no idea from protection, and most probably his network is infected with viruses or trojans or malware, you name it!! :rolleyes:

It doesn't mean they don't have Anti-Virus. What it does mean is that his computer would be more susceptible to someone breaking into it.

Either way I would not suggest you tapping into someone elses internet since it is illegal, stealing, and immoral.

<<Deleted>>

-- And to celegorm, who blasted my last post on the issue, the OP never said what connection he was getting on. It could have been the freaking library or a school connection which are perfectly LEGAL to connect to.

"tap into" typically means its not his or a public domain. So i stand by what I said. Don't post that again.

<<Deleted>>

-- And to celegorm, who blasted my last post on the issue, the OP never said what connection he was getting on. It could have been the freaking library or a school connection which are perfectly LEGAL to connect to.

Nope you're wrong altogether. Please do research before posting opinions in the future or face a banning. Thanks.

Nope you're wrong altogether. Please do research before posting opinions in the future or face a banning. Thanks.

Where was I wrong? Do you even know what you are talking about? Are you going to do the banning around here "junior member" ?

:rolleyes:

Where was I wrong? Do you even know what you are talking about? Are you going to do the banning around here "junior member" ?

:rolleyes:

:D

Anyways, the OP needs to come here and clear this up. As a few of us here realise that the OP could be connecting legally to a network in a school or library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom