Ryzen 3 2200G CPU sucks

Celery

Golden Master
Normally they work good if you're a light user. Quad core with Vegas 8 video it was a bargain at $89. When I was ripping DVDs to the HDD the temp alarm went crazy.

It was set at 70C so I moved it to 80C and it touches the alarm once in a while. The CPU will melt at 95C so that's too close for comfort.

I've thought of either getting a bigger heatsink which I doubt will help much so I'd just get a bigger CPU to handle the load. So I'm going from 4C4T to 6C12T CPU.

I've put in my video card and turned off the iGPU but the temps stay the same.

So what CPU I ordered? Ryzen 5 2600. :dance:

Now I'm using my i5 system and I've just installed Win 7 on it. I got like 300+ updates to install. :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, the R3's come with the wimpiest coolers of the entire Ryzen line. Encoding is purely CPU intensive.

I am running an R5 1600. You will be quite happy with that 2600.

So what does a Ryzen 3-2200G be worth used? It's about two months old and Still have the package.

Maybe this video will help sell it. :D

Last edited:
Got my new CPU today. Made a world of difference. Seems it has the same heatsink/fan as the R3 2200G but the R5 2600 ran a lot cooler, 26C vs 35C at idle. 63C vs 80C at full load.

Also a bit faster too. Ripped DVDs like crazy. :dance:

Wanna buy an R3 2200G? :D Complete package ready to go. Just apply thermal paste.

Forgot to update that I put up the R3-2200G on CL after I installed the R5-2600 and it sold an hour later.

Back
Top Bottom