Running a Hackintosh on P4

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
Well, ive been looking at some pc's, one of which is

-2.8 ghz P4
-1 gig DDR400

the other specs are irrelevant, but i would like to run leopard. Im not going to ask about how to do it, cuz thats an entirely different forum! But...

Do you think its adequate to smoothly run and be fast on this hardware...?

Leopard's requirement for hardware is like 512 mb ram 798 mhz or whatever and 4 gig disk space.

I don't think that it is a very good idea to try to run Leopard on a PC. It is extremely difficult to find all of the drivers and to get it to work right.

If you do go with that computer and still want to try installing Leopard, I would say that you will probably need to add more ram.

Everything will run fine, and as fast if not faster than most volumes of Vista, even with 1gig of ram. All I am saying is good luck finding a driver for ethernet connection. I'm pretty sure I have found all of the other ones. If you find one please PM me because I would love to have it. I have Leopard running on a PC with a 1.8GHz Processor, and 1gig of ram, and everything runs fine, but it was a pain in the ass finding all of the drivers. I say go for it, and work hard to find that ethernet driver, your PCs stats are at least adequate for running Leopard. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom