Rundll32.exe , Corrupt files , Unvalid. HELP ME!

well i assume so, anything that picks it up would be fine. It is just a file, I only wish I could remember exactly which for you.

Basically at the time my laptop wasn't on the internet so nothing net wise was locked out but it was exactly the same with wallpaper. I could change it from a photo but right click desktop settings just froze and then came up with the rundll.32 error

I am so sure it is the same.

Tone

No not really but seems similar,
I can't go into properties, it results in saying the run.dll error, but i couldn't go into anything. I found out a way to go into many programs like steam, windows MSN (Not MSN messenger it seems to be lost or corrupted by this virus)
>Click the program
>Choose the exact same program on the "Open With" program.
>Then it will be normal and just launch program.

But i still want my normal computer back.

so just check for the virus and delete it

no harm in doing regular virus scans anyway

Tone

Dude just back up anything you want, and REINSTALL WINDOWS XP. :mad:

Windows is seriously nearly impossible to fix with any virus crap. Belive me, I have experience with trying to go into STUPID Safe Mode and trying to help STUPID Windows. IT DOESN'T WORK. If you can't reinstall, then you need to try the near impossible thing I guess. In my oppinion, use 100$ and buy a cd.

Like the guys told u go to BIOS when ur comp starts just press Delete key and set te boot to CD and then restart and it will start the windows XP instalation, i hope ur BIOS isnt password protected.

I owe this WHOLE FORUM to ....... (Because i fixed it :D ) *drum roll* ........
ToeKnee!, I used this freeware, acle.... something it checks,deletes and fixes. I only done 1/4 of teh check or even 1/8 of the whole system check BUT IT WORKED! Thankyou so much toe, i wish i could give you something, do you have paypal? I'll add to your rep

haha thank you for the offer but I don't want anything, I've been helped on this forum more than I help so I'm glad I helped you out.

Glad you took the advice, a reinstall of windows could have been very long, dangerous and messy, I knew it was the same problem I had straight away and again I'm glad you fixed it.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom