Run DLL error....Need Help!!!

Krucial Element

Baseband Member
when i go to click on to my add remove programs in the control panel i keep getting this error

An exception occured while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs"

does anyone know how to fix this.......im just about to give up and reformat
thanks in advanced to anyone that can help me

Have u installed any windows customization tools such as windowblinds etc then removed them? this is know to cause similiar problems as yours.

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=581395

They seem to be having similar problems, someone suggests copying a few files off the xp cd to see if it fixes it, u cud also try this and let us know. It might be possible that the only way to fix it is a clean, not overwritten copy, of windows installation onto the drive.

i haven't installed anything like windows blinds or style xp....its my gaming rig...all that i have installed are drivers and San Andreas,CS,CZ,CSS,Colin Mcrae,Cod,Cod UO,Cod 2......didnt have this problem until last night....i have tried to do a system restore and still the same result....my hard drive suddenly stops out of no where sometimes....do you think that my hdd has bad sectors or is corrupt? Should I buy a new one?

ran ccleaner....virus scan...spybot (i use spyblaster) still its the same ****** problem lol im starting to not like my harddrive

Run chkdsk on the drive, might require a reboot to check properly, might be ccorrupted on the disk.

And check the cables to the disk etc cud be a dodgy or loose cable.

Get Western Digital Diagnostics, it scans ever sector of the hdd and if there is a bad one it fixes it. Takes a little while but works good.

i might be a software thing, not a virus or hard drive. It happened to me, but my was on a start up.

Back
Top Bottom