Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
Golden Master
Default Roxio Solution for Vista compatibility

Ok guys, those of you that have Vista and running Roxio 9, I'm sure you got the dreaded "Sonic Solutions blocked due to compatibility issues" and how it cancels the drivers. Here's the solution found on Roxio's site. It's the only stupid error I keep getting when running Vista. Now it's fixed, whew. Smooth booting and error free finally.

Vista isn't a bad OS. It has it's compatibiilty problems here and there, but it's fixable. Just like this one..........

DLA driver blocked on Vista launch

I forgot to add another thing. It gets rid of the compatibility error in your "Problem Reports", but if it still shows up--uninstall the Roxio Drag and Drop. Better yet, just go here to Dell's website:

Why Does the Error Message Appear that Sonic Drive Letter Access Is Incompatible with Microsoft® Windows Vista™?

Roxio 9 still works even if the driver is blocked. I've burned countless CDs and DVDs already, but just hate clicking on the error messages to clear it.

Basically, you're uninstalling one of the updates from Microsoft.
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote