Routers

Vitaminx

In Runtime
Could a router with a broken antenna be the source of lag spikes? My brothers and I get lag spikes a lot while there on xbox and I'm on computer. So I was wondering if any of you guys could suggest a good gaming router for sell on the internet.

When you say lag spikes do you mean picture freezing/slowing down/stop starting? then I would say maybe, I would think a broken antenna would cause you to keep loosing connection as the rang may have been reduced or be interfered with, having said that it could be down to your ISP capping you during peek times, does this happen at specific times during the day or all day?

Usually happens randomly throughout the day. Lag spikes as in picture freezing for a set amount of time then starting back up. So if i type something in a game and i get this lag spike, the words dont appear on screen til like 20 seconds or so later. Note the lag spikes arent a set amount of time either or a set time of the day. Any good gaming router suggestions? My brothers think this is good. http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wireless...s-your-opponents-tattooed-qos-abgn-225619.php
What do you think?

that router has a frickin tattoo, it must be good for gaming

That is not always that case. It is what is on the inside that matters the most not what is on the outside.

I have used Linksys routers in the past and they have worked fine for me. I don't know if I am willing to pay $199 for a brand spanking new router, even if it is top of the line, like they say.

Are you looking to get a new router all together or have you thought about just trying to get a new antenna for the one that you already have? That is another option to think about.

My current router is a Buffalo which has been discontinued. I think I'm looking for a new router all together. One that works very well for gaming. When I had a Linksys router in the past, My brothers couldn't even play certain games on xbox 360 because of a restricted NAT. But with the buffalo router they could. I'm mostly looking for a router that reduces lag or just fixes mine up. I've heard good and bad things about them all really. Just need help in finding a really good one for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom