Router question

zackcon2

In Runtime
I have a TRENDnet TEW-639GR router, and i have been having problems with high packet loss mainly on the outbound side. currently I am wired into the Trednet router, it is used for heavy gamming, I also uplaod many videos to youtube. what i need to figure out is if the router itself is the problem or the internet company. I got the router on 12/27/2010, the modem is only a few months old, and the config for my network is modem-> trednet router-> linksys router(only used to conect a computer on opposite side of house) any ideas?

Is only one router giving out DHCP address? Can you take the Trednet out and only use the Linksys? Have you talked to the ISP? Have you power cycled the equipment?

Run one cable from one of the LAN ports on the TRENDnet to one of the LAN ports on the linksys router. Go in to the linksys and disable the dhcp server. Reboot everything.

I think it could be your internet provider throttling your IP. I am assuming heavy gaming includes games such bf3, mw3, etc. which eat up a lot of bandwidth and on top of that you said you upload a lot of videos which actually takes up more bandwidth than gaming if my memory serves me right, haha. I know with my provider they have throttled my house quite a few times because of high bandwidth use.

How much bandwidth is on your internet plan?
How many computers in the residence and how many are gaming and uploading videos, pictures, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom