Router Problems..... Please Reply

darkpriest

In Runtime
Ok, I've got cox cable.... we have two computers, connect by a router.... the router is a linksys....(just a lil info)

Ok, here's the problem.... Our router goes down about once every 3 or so hours... i look and everything is connected right and our cable modem is connected to the internet... so i unplug the router and plug it back in, then it works again for three or so hours.... then it goes down.... we called cox and they suggested gettin a new router, so we got a new one and a new cable modem(they said it was going bad) then i connected everything up again.... and it STILL goes down every three or so hours, when the modem says its still on....

idk if that made much since, but u should be able to figure out what im saying....

thx and plz help :D,
-Darkpriest

Linksys huh? Well first off, I'd make sure you have the newest firmware installed on it. Then, I'd check your internet connection. Perhaps running it on a single computer and making sure it dosn't ever stop there...

See, I had a similar problem with my network(using a linksys as well) and I beleive it was my internet cutting out for a second. All I needed to do was reset the router and it was back up...

I also got a Belkin router to try and replace it, but it was actually worse.

The software the router uses. Just look around on Linksys's site. There might even be a link from within your router's setup. All the instructions should be there.

ok.... i did that, and the thing said the firmware has ben upgraded... so i restart the router and a lil bit later it falls down again.... anymore ideas???

Ugh...sorry it didn't fix it...though like I said, ours still gives out now and then. Did you try connecting it to just a computer without the router? As I mentioned, our internet dies every now and then which seemedto cause our router to also die...

yeah, i tried that, it worked, i was on for a whole day... so its obviously my router =-\... thx anyways... any1 got anymore ideas??

Back
Top Bottom