router problems continued

Tweak

In Runtime
ok, some of you might remember my router acting up. well it still is, i dont know what to do, my computer wont restore, my old dell router wont even work....im thinking of just reformatting, any other ideas? thanks

every once in a while it stops working and i usually just reinstall the software and it works again but this time it didnt fix it, and it is making me mad, i dont know what to do

What internet are you using DSL? And you say you cant reformat the computer? Why not?

I have a DSL connection and router, and every once in a while it also stops working.
Theres a very simple approach to fixing this,
First off shutdown your system and then take these steps:
1) Unplug your router and modems power lead
2) Wait half a minute
3) Plug in your router, then shortly after your modem
4) Wait until all the lights show normal activity and then test the connection

I hope this helps your situation seems very similar to mine, if not then good luck with finding a solution.

I also suggest a spyware check as it may be affecting this.

hmmmm,. didnt work......i took off adware/spyware and did that restart process thing i can use internet through my router, but it isnt utilizing my wireless capabilities and it syas my router is not configured right whe i do the router connection test, i still have to manually connect to the internet also....hmmmmmmm reformat?

hmmm, i reformatted and it STILL doesnt work..................there must be something wrong with the router?

Back
Top Bottom