Router problem

The Power

Daemon Poster
Ok, so for a long time, my wired connection has been awful for games. I disconnect a lot from the server.

So I try to see if I connect my ethernet wire to the modem, would it work. It originally was in a router. And it does! It works flawlessly.

But since there is only 1 ethernet space left, me and my brother have to switch it off. In other words, when he wants to game online on his PS2, he needs to put my wire in the router causing only one of us to play games at a time.

Is there any way to fix the router so it will work like the modem?

Sounds like your router needs to be reset. It looks like you're just plugging the ethernet cable directly into the broadband modem (they only have one LAN connection which is only used on one PC by itself).

what bandwith do you have?
i have a router with 2meg broadband, running 4 computers and don't have too many problems.
woz

The Power said:
Ok, so for a long time, my wired connection has been awful for games. I disconnect a lot from the server.

So I try to see if I connect my ethernet wire to the modem, would it work. It originally was in a router. And it does! It works flawlessly.

But since there is only 1 ethernet space left, me and my brother have to switch it off. In other words, when he wants to game online on his PS2, he needs to put my wire in the router causing only one of us to play games at a time.

Is there any way to fix the router so it will work like the modem?
What is the router manufacturer?

Back
Top Bottom