Rome:Total War freeze up problems

jacko

Solid State Member
Just wondering if anybody could help me with this little problem of mine. I recently upgraded my pc to 1.5 Gigabytes of Ram and installed a 3d Fuzion Graphics card for my PCI motherboard. Now, it had freezing problems before at 512 MB of ram, so hearing advice from someone that my ram was too low, I upgraded to another gig to see if that would help. To no avail. Any advice? Suggestions?

Well, my hard drive is 60GB. And I have a 2.8 GHz intel Pentium 4. Thing is, when I tried playing my older game of Medieval:Total War, I did notice a remarkable slowdown with the new graphics card. I can't understand why this is. I only have a PCI motherboard, so I have some limitations, but still. It should be running faster with my new graphics card................

Well, I never had a graphics card in my system before. My pc is actually a Insignia D300a I bought at Best Buy. But my new card is a NVidia GeForce 6200 with 128MB. Again, my crappy pci motherboard limits my options.

yeah, I should probably upgrade to a new motherboard. Since the one I have now only has PCI slots, I'm kinda screwed.

"Did you try taking out that old stick of RAM?"

Well, the problem was the same when I just had the gig of ram as when i added the old ram back in for 1.5 gig. Actually, since I did download the new drivers for the graphics card and turned off my anti virus program things have started to improve.........

Argghgh! Now its worse. I even updated the drivers for my new card. Now Medieval:total war crashes everytime I load the game! A warning for everyone. Do NOT get the NVIDIA GeForce 6200! It is a piece of doggy poo!

Back
Top Bottom