Right, Best £150 ($290) GFX Card - ATI or nVidia?

connchri

Daemon Poster
Right, I'm on another forum and I want to know if you lot think the same thing as those guys.

Would you go for a £150 ($290) ATI or nVidia GFX Card. Reasons why people.

Thanks

So let's hear it.......

Right, I'm confused. I thought that the GF6600GT was a great card, and kinda trounce the equivalent ATI. I've been on another forum, and I'm loosing ground on the battle sticking up for the GF6600GT but at the same time really finding the online reviews of the ATI X800XL a bit weird.

Some have it killing the GF6800GT by a good bit and other show it just like the GF6600GT or a little slower. (such as at THG)

Anyone got a view on this. Come on......

First off,
A) you just triple posted,
B) the 6600gt IS NOT MEANT to compete with any of ATI's X800 series, maybe an X700 but not X800.

Yes. When reading benches dont compare top of the line to mid-level...it makes no sense.

the 6600gt is probably the best bet. it will bet x700's i think dont quote me on that. also i like it because it goes with SLI

Right guys, I've kinna chilled from my last posts.

Right, Ignore this entire thread, I made a big bobo somewhere else. The benchmarks I was reading was of a GF6800GT and Ultra against a ATI X800XL, when I was reading it, I kept reading the GF6800GT and Ultra as a GF6600. Stupid mistake, but hey, the 6 and the 8 do look similar.

Sorry for the wasted time.

(Chris turns his head and walks away in shame)

Well ATI made the X700 to compete with the 6600 GT, but it still loses in most games and pretty much all benchmarks.

Your best bet is to get a BFG nvidia 6600gt from PC world. At the moment PC world are the only company which sell's BFG cards which are overclocked from the box. They will outperform any other £150 card

alvino said:
Well ATI made the X700 to compete with the 6600 GT, but it still loses in most games and pretty much all benchmarks.

...and thats why the x700 was discontinued.

The X800 XL is the next step up, but retails for $100 more than the 6600GT. It has 16 Pipelines and also overclocks quite well.

If you're just looking for 1280x1024 in most games, 6600GT can deliver that. Its a great bargain, and if you choose to get a second later, SLI. The 6600GT don't overclock as well as the 6800GT will, but will still deliver fantastic performance, for an 8-pipeline card.

-Loyalist

Back
Top Bottom