Is this rig worth 200$?

eslfish

Fully Optimized
Okay, my friend want's me to buy his rig off him, he had to get a new mobo and processor and ram because he just got the GX2 and he has had some driver and compatabliliy issues with it...he want's me to buy his old rig off him, when I say OLD it isn't old I think the parts are great for what games I am playing here is his rig info:

Mobo:
Ai life sli-deluxe (A8N32)

Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz (you can superclock it, he never clocked it when he had it :) )

Video Card: EVGA 256-P2-N516-RX GeForce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card

Ram: 2.5 gigs

and a 420 watt power supply...

I think its a great deal, what could go wrong? that rig isn't old at all and I'll save money and I'll be able to get an awesome LCD monitor....

what do you guys think?

i probably wouldnt buy it.
It doesnt seem $200 to me, i would probably pay about $150.
i dont like the parts in the system, but thats just me.

If you really want it, then go for it.
Just hope that your friend isnt ripping you off.

I give all my old computers to my friends for free. I would try to sell them at first, but if no one wants to buy them, then i just give them away.

yeah he ain't ripping me off, but I would try to squeeze him 150$ the rig is really good though, We have had lan parties and his rig loads in amazing! :p It alt-tabs out fast, and for what I am doing I couldn't go wrong, I mean if I were to buy a new rig for 500$ it would only be a little bit faster, BUT; I get your point....I WANT IT FOR FREE SOO BAD LOL :D

try to offer him trades.

another reason why i wouldnt buy is because i prefer to be able to play newer games on high settings.

That graphics card might suffer a little if you get a bigger LCD monitor.

ahh yes soo true! LOL I am gonna be a trader...since I have been playing on a terrible laptop for 2 years now, anything that is even faster looks amazing to me! yeahh thats a issue i dont wanna play at 1024x768 on a nice lcd monitor, but I haven't bought it yet, my friend just have me a bigger-averaged sized black Dell flat screened monitor I can play games on high on that res, i'll try trading!

I think its a quite fair price for that amount of money, your not going to do better for $200.

I think it's $200 if not then more...

It's probably because I'm living in Australia and electronics here are expensive.

Back
Top Bottom