Rig Starts then dies?!?

Jaymo

Baseband Member
Hi all, I finally recieved all my stuff today and had the chance to put it all together. Got all the cables plugged in. Turned my pc on came up with the 1st screen, POST but after about 3 mins it switches itself off?!

There is no beeping, all fans/lights work fine. I got no clue what could be wrong. After its shut it self off I go to turn it back on and I get about 30 secs - 2 mins before it dies again. Any ideas if i plugged any cables in wrong or something?

I'll put pictures up tomrorow morning if anyone requests them. Any help would be brilliant!

First thing, check if your CPU or video card isn't overheating. Reseat the CPU heatsink and put it in probperly again.

For the video card, try pushing on the pins.

If that doesn't work, check your power supply. It could be bad.

If it's an old rig try opening the case and dusting it out. That may be causing it to overheat.

I just been readnig through some simliar posts as well.

I thought the pc would let me get away with it. I've got the standard heatsink/fan that came with my c2d cpu but only two of the clips were in properly and everytime i try pushing on the other two they dont 'click'.

So I think in the morning im going to unscrew my mobo and put some more thermal grease onto the cpu and clip the heatsink on properly. I thought it might let me get away with only 2 clips pushed in.

from experience i dont like the standard CPU fans.........if u want a good cheap one ........i like the Golden ORb II

from experience i dont like the standard CPU fans.........if u want a good cheap one ........i like the Golden ORb II

should of mentioned i got Intel c2d which Golden orb doesnt support. There is a nice zalman one for £22 though which looks good. and has blue LED which will go nicely with my system. Anyways lets hope tomorrow morning refitting the heatsink solves it because i really want to test gears of war dark crusade out on a 8800GTS 320mb :D

Back
Top Bottom