Returning a computer w/o warantee

mallen

Beta member
I need some advice...

Bought a Toshiba laptop two years ago, warantee has expired, and there's corrupted software, bad DVD/CD drive, among other problems. I don't want the thing anymore. Took it to their recommended service centers and got no results, but a bill.

So I took it upon myself to write a letter listing problems and my overall experience with the computer and sent it back. They refused it because it didn't have an RMA number. Called customer service again and they said I'd have to pay an obscene amount of money to send it back and have them receive it.

How can I get this thing back to them? I don't even know if I want it anymore with all the trouble it's given me. But I do think they should know the nature of my disposition w.r.t their product at this point. How do I do that? Anyone have any experience with big corporations and their b.s. and how to get around it?

Thanks.

um well i dont really have any expierience but how much was the bill they sent you? a two year old laptop shouldnt cost too much to repair, if it gets too much for you, buy a new one. companies can bs stuff but they always make shure it is legal

or if you want you can contact the magazine Smart Computing, and tell them your problem and theyll help you get it worked out. usually it works out pretty well.

Well, they want 150 down just to send it in, I pay for shipping--then they determine what the problem is and tell me what it costs to fix it. It needs a new DVD drive (costs about 300), the hard disk is corrupted and the battery died suddenly--without me ever really using it without the power cord.

It's not so much about how much it costs--it's really about all this crap happening only two years after I bought it and them not being there with any answers or help. Just pay and don't ask any questions is the deal I'm getting.

I'll try Smart Computing, see what they can do.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom