Restoring my PC!

jmcst22

Solid State Member
I would like to restore my PC to a status as similar to when I purchased it as I can. I attempted a system restore and it will only let me go back to early May, I purchased the computer about 2 years ago and I would like it to be back at that point if possible. It would be useless IMO to go back to May. I am not concerned with losing files, I just want a 'new' computer. Are there any programs, or anything hidden on the PC that I can utizile for this function?

P.S. I have no restoration disks, I do not believe I got them with the computer.

I should mention that I have a Compaq Presario SR1220NX w/ Windows XP

How do you do that? Im not too savvy on the technical aspects of PC's. Don't you need a Windows XP disc though? I have no discs.

jmcst22 said:
How do you do that? Im not too savvy on the technical aspects of PC's. Don't you need a Windows XP disc though? I have no discs.
Unfortunally, the only option is to live with it or reformat the hdd and reinstall Windows XP. If you want to save your data. I would suggest buying a new hdd, buy a new copy of windows from newegg, install it, then hook up your old hdd and transfer your old data to the new hdd and you have yourself a new computer and more storage space :)

I do know what you mean by not being able to do a full restore, I tried and could only go back maybe 5 months from the current date I was trying to restore another one of my computer in my home. If you want a "new" computer, your best bet would to do what I said above.

Hope this helps

AMD RULES

Ok, thanks for the info... even though it made me mad haha...

I am downloading something called 'Ultimate Boot CD' to see if that helps with anything.

the only thing that will make it faster is a new hdd. No software can really speed up your computer without a little more ram or better CPU or overclocking it which I'm sure you can't do since you have a compaq, not a custom gaming rig.

Back
Top Bottom