Restore help needed

Celticsfan

Banned
Here is my situation. I have an infected computer. I have only 1 partition on my computer and that is the C: Before my computer was infected I copied the contents of that drive to an external HD and then unplugged it. This was done before my PC was infected.

Now what I need to do is copy the contents from my external drive and make them my new primary C: so my computer will no longer be infected. I need some software that will boot without my infected OS and allow me to do this but am not sure what to use. Can you guys please help me out.

thx

You could do a fresh install of your operating system. That does take a bit of time. Have you tried any anti-virus programs? Download AVG and give it a try. Then download Spybot and use that to clean up. If it's just a virus, you might not have adequate, if any protection.

AVG Free
Spybot Search and Destroy
Norton
Mcafee (Spelling?)

Other opinions are welcomed too. Thx P3PPERZ

You could do a fresh install of your operating system. That does take a bit of time. Have you tried any anti-virus programs? Download AVG and give it a try. Then download Spybot and use that to clean up. If it's just a virus, you might not have adequate, if any protection.

AVG Free
Spybot Search and Destroy
Norton
Mcafee (Spelling?)

oh believe me I have everything super antispyware pro, malwarebytes antimalware, kaspersky ,spyware blaster, bitdefender.

Yeah, just delete your partition and reinstall. Then just drag and drop your files over from your external.

The others are right, your best bet would be to do a complete reinstall then transfer the file from your external dive back across, you could try deleting your files then running a windows repair but for all that hassle a format is just as quick, do you now what files are infected? try turning system restore off then deleting the file, then turn system restore back on again and see if it has cleared it, if it goes pair shape then just format the drive, get hold of a image back up software for the future as you could resolved it most easier

Back
Top Bottom