restore cd's

miserysmother

Solid State Member
hello everyone,I'm new and not too good with the computer,sooo i thought i would ask you guys and see if someone might could help me undo what i did.
Ok heres my prob.I have 2 emachine computers,this one and my daughters,hers was running very bad,not letting her connect properly and it seemed to have a virus on it,not sure but any way here is what I did.
I took the Restore CD's that came with it and inserted them, ran them and now i have nothing just a black screen with alot of words like:
Pi.Master Disk:LBA,ABA 40022MB
Pri.slave Disk:None
Sec:Master Disk:CD-RW,AtA33
Sec.slave disk..None
serial port(s):3f8
parallel port(s)378
DDR SDRam at Bank:0
Pri.Master Disk HDD S.M.A.R.T. ability.....disable
and some more things.

have i completly crashed my computer and just need to trash it or is there something i can do to restore it?
The comp is a emachines xp home edition
model:W2040
HELP!!!!!!

What do you mean trash it? As in throw it out? Ok. your computer doesnt have anything wrong all you have to do is reformat using the windows cd..

Can u hit enter at that screen? If so what does it to after that when you hit enter

Dev0115 said:
What do you mean trash it? As in throw it out? Ok. your computer doesnt have anything wrong all you have to do is reformat using the windows cd..

Can u hit enter at that screen? If so what does it to after that when you hit enter
Hi Dev0115,ok so i need a windows cd?sorry like i said not too savy on the who comp.thing :(
when i hit enter,it does nothing,just keeps flashing,like i should enter something but it will not let me type anything.
that is the only screen that will show!

From what i can seee...you might have to reformat to do this your basically cleaning your whole computer deleting eveything and gettin a fresh start...When you bought your computer you shouldve goten a Winodows Cd with a cd key in it...Now since you said your not great with comps u might want to get someone else to reformat..

Dev0115, he already said he tried to reformat once. misery'smother, try using the reformat cd's again. It'll ask you if you want to reformat, say yes, then it wil ask which partition to use, use the exhisting one so that it will delete everything and install windows on that same partition. Put the reformat disks in the drive, then restart, if it asks to run from disk say yes. Just follow all the directions. Try that and tell us if it works.

No offence miserymother, but I would get someone else to do it, it sounds like you would find it hard, NO OFFENCE!

Back
Top Bottom