Restart at Startup

CarpeNoctem

Daemon Poster
10 seconds after windows loads my computer restarts. I check what processes are running and there aren't any processes that shouldn't be running. I am thinking that this is a virus. It just started happenin last night. I haven't downloaded anything in about 4 days except a Guild Wars client and maps. What are some other ideas you guys have that could be the problem.

Can you boot into safe mode?

If not, I don't know what you could do.
One thing to try is to take out your internet connection, just in case the virus or trojan/worm or whatever you have on it triggers when it notices one.

Maybe then you can run a virus detector to remove it before starting up again. Or if you can in safe mode, do the same thing

I hope this helps

Check Device Manager see if all your Drivers are installed Correctly. Safe mode is your bets bet.

This very thing happened to me and turned out it was in msconfig and down the list it showed restart....and it was checked...I was laughing so hard after that

spartan228 said:
This very thing happened to me and turned out it was in msconfig and down the list it showed restart....and it was checked...I was laughing so hard after that

hmm...that sounds very likely, I checked device manager and everything is running fine. I will check this out and tell you the results.

Everything that I change in msconfig while in safe mode, resets itself back when I log into admin account.

Make sure you hit apply and then restart when it askes you to...other wise its probably a virus

Back
Top Bottom