Resolutions and refresh rates

cantona said:
my monitor crt

will there be different settings because of this
Yes and no. Yes because lcd is driven digitally. Where a crt is driven analog. Just to point something out, If your're using an Nvidia graphics card it will show you the different refresh rates for you monitor. As you change the resolution it will adjust the refresh rate acordingly. You can intervene but I would not suggest it. If your monitor was not reconised by Xp Or Nvidia, you can go to the makers web site and get the monitor drivers. These will tell the vid card driver program what your monitor can do and its limits.

so is higher refresh better or lower, 60 70 72 75 are my options and my resolution is 1280x1024 on a 17" LCD on 32bit color;
should i be using lower or higher for better overall performance?

It depends on the monitor. A higher refresh rate can typically do a number on a monitor. For better performance it's likely you'd want a higher refresh rate, but the monitor needs to be taken into consideration when doing so. It will typically have a "recommended" or normal setting at which it stays if you have all the proper drivers. This setting is probably best.

I run 1024 x 768 at 85Hz, fasest my monitor will allow, although my graphics card will do it at 200Hz

And I don't like anything below it. Too big. I can typically have a lot of things open at once, and I don't like being constricted by space. However that's just my opinion.

when i first got my computer, my refresh rate was 60, and then i changed it to 75 6 months ago. i just tried changing it back to 60, and everything seemed unfocused and not as sharp. is there a reason for that?

Back
Top Bottom