Resolution Adjustment

nadushka

Solid State Member
Hi,

I just brought Dell Inspiron 6000, and it is working very well, but I have a main problem and hope someone can help me in it.

The problem I am facing is in the resolution of the screen. Resolutions larger than 600 x 800 makes the proportions of the screen not adjusted. I mean the screen appears to be a little bit stretched. Can anyone help me please to adjust that problem?

Thanks a lot.

Actually what I tried to do is to open the Display Properties, then settings, then change the resolution. Is there any other way to adjust the screen resolution?

No, but the monitor should have buttons, or a digital interface to change the size of the screen in another way to make the resolutions fit.

If its digital in that way, you might find the monitor will remember the settings for each resoloution you set from within the display properties.

So for instance:

Horizontal Shift to move the screen sideways, Horizontal size to stretch it sideways, vertical shift, and vertical size. They might be named slightly differently, though thats the basic layout and you should only have to change those 4 settings to make it fit.

I hope this helps :)

Could you please tell me where can I find these buttons? Or if it's in software?

Thanks

They should be on your monitor. Is there anywhere underneath maybe a panel? Or some scroll wheels? Just have a look around your monitor, there should definietly be some.
All monitors have them now.

If the buttons aren't visible there may be a concealed panel where you have to push in on it and it will open to reveal a row of buttons.

I've even heard of some moniors having them on the top or sides... bit of a strange place, but some people think they ruin the overall look.

So if not anywhere strange, they will be concealed under a panel most probably yes, if not straight away viewable with the eye.

I looked all over the laptop and I cant find any buttons at all :(

Anyway thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom