Okay, I have a D865GBF and the power supply for it died, so I got a new one (Thanks to everyone who helped me solve the problem) and installed it, but it never got past the Intel splash screen. Some poking around Google and Intel's website revealed how to get into the BIOS from there. The instructions tell you how to clear the BIOS password, but they should work the same.. right?
- Observe the precautions, blah blah..
- Turn off all peripheral devices, blah blah..
- Remove the computer cover.
- Find the configuration jumper block
- Place the jumper on pins 2-3 as shown below.
- Replace the cover, plug in the computer, turn on the computer, and allow it to boot.
- The computer starts the Setup program. Setup displays the Maintenance menu.
So I got to the booting part, but it stays at the splash screen. I pressed Escape or something around there and away it went, saying it was starting Setup. But it never really did. Just sat there with the same thing. So what could be wrong now?