Requesting Help from the Experts

MSUPhan

Beta member
I am in the market for a new computer system. I haven't purchased one since the last millenium (no joke), so I am a little overwhelmed by the staggering amount of options out there. I am interested in digital photography and video editing, web surfing, and general word processing capabilities. Gaming is low on the priority list, but something I would get involved in if the hardware allowed for it. I'm thinking that I'd like to get a package system with all the software installed and am looking for your advice as to what requirements I need (or alternatively, a system you would recommend). Any help would be appreciated.

My budget is around 1000. I went to one of those mom & pop places to get a quote on building one from scratch and it was about 1000, with no software, XP OS, AMD 64, 512 MB, 80 GB, no monitor, no printer. I think I want the bells and whistles that come with factory installed software.

Good man going with AMD! The one thing I need to know is where you live, cos that can have a big impact on what and where you buy stuff. Is it Canada, UK, USA or somewhere else?

I live in the US. No offense, but i am not married to the idea of the AMD. That was what the guy suggested I get based on "future applications" being 64 bit. The thing is, and as you can probably already tell, I am not hugely into computers, so future applicability is not incredibly important to me. Basically, I'm looking to surf the web (fast) and manage pics and video of my kids. Thanks for any help.

if you buy one built...you'll most probably loose alot of money, especially if you buy from places like pc world. take some time learning, and then build one. thats what i did :)

Back
Top Bottom