*REPS* Dialup modem not functioning after XP installed

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, UGH!!!!! Just when school starts and I might actually need to have internet access, I decide to uninstall Vista and put XP on my laptop. (It's pretty fast now, too) Now I can't connect to the internet at home and have to go to the library which is closed at weekends (where I am now)

dialupxb9.jpg

Unavailable - device missing? I downloaded this driver for the modem too and it's still not functioning correctly. Any ideas? I'm sure the modem is there because I used it last night but I also noticed this morning before I removed Windows Vista, it said a device attached to the computer isn't functioning properly or something when I tried to connect to the internet and it got to the 'Registering your computer on the network' stage.

Reps for help. :)

Nothing has been disabled in the bios inadvertantly has it? ie the modem. It isnt a plug in card modem either is it? if so make sure its in ok. Guess u need to reinstlal it a few times to see if itll force windows to pick it up, sometimes i find installing drivers in safe mode helps as well ,so if anything is interfering with it innormal mode this will normally be disabled in safe mode.

Back
Top Bottom