Replacing motherboad capacitors

David Lindon

Golden Master
I just had to replace a blown capacitor on one of my motherboards, mostly for educational experiences. What fun!!

Anyone else have experiences with caps, bent processor pins etc?

Dropped a hammer on a motherboard once :D Took me three days to get it working again. It lasted about 10 minutes - my solder is always cheap. Wasn't worth enough to get good solder.

heh, brings back memories..... every time i've tried to sodder a capacitator back onto a mobo, it usually doesnt work, and when it does it lasts for about an hour, then it dies off again. I usually in some bizzare way end up burning myself, so it usually isnt worth the trouble for me..
BTW im not an expert at the Sodder ray, im only a novice and im not that good with it :p im sure if I put more time into learning how to become more skillful with one, then it may work for longer than an hour after I repaired something like that.

LOL! this was my 555th Post :)D)

Can you even replace a blown capacitator? I don't know if they even sell them OEM...I think you're gonna have to get a new motherboard.

David Lindon said:
I just had to replace a blown capacitor on one of my motherboards, mostly for educational experiences. What fun!!

Anyone else have experiences with caps, bent processor pins etc?

That must of sucked man, but I think this belongs in hardware section..

<moved>

alvino said:
Can you even replace a blown capacitator? I don't know if they even sell them OEM...I think you're gonna have to get a new motherboard.

You can buy individual capacitors just make sure it is the same kind.

Back
Top Bottom