replacing laptop harddrive...need help.

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
okay, hp said that my dad's laptop's 'fan' noise was actually the hard drive, so they sent us a new hard drive right away, like next day. is there a way to copy the stuff from the old hard drive to the new one. and about the operating system. would all i have to do is put the o/s cd in without any troubles and install it.

anybody? i really need help by now cause i have to ship the old hard drive back to hp by like, monday or something.

save all you need to a disk,then if you have the o/s disk you could run it and install it like you said. you will need the valid key that came with your orriginal laptop to activate it. then put your items from the disk back onto your new hard drive.
woz

okay, the hard drive did not fix the problem, so we sent the new hard drive back. now we are 100% sure its the fan. we took all of the screws we can find out, but we couldn't take the bottom cover off.

youve got a pravilion laptop... at a guess, they are just loud... some laptops are just loud, and my HP (apart from not working generally) made a racket every time it was turned on... i hate HP laptops, had a stupid amount of problems with mine...

hmm, yes its a dv1000, but this just started happening a couple of weeks ago and we've been having it for about 3 months and have been using it everyday for a couple of hours. gets pretty hot real fast.

yeah, thats one of the problems i had with my HP... it got real hot very quickly, and the fan was just really loud... all the time, its just one of the things you have to deal with when youve got an HP... lol.

you could probably buy a replacment fan, but i doubt it would make it any quieter...

Mine is always..off lol, it gives 10 seconds blast at startup, then thats it for the rest, temps reach about 40C

Back
Top Bottom