replacing a Gateway E-475M laptop LCD

andrewc2005

Solid State Member
This is kind of a long shot, but I have a gateway E-475M with a broken LCD. I got a replacement LCD but it doesn't come with instructions; anyone know where I could find instructions on how to replace the LCD? I've googled until my fingers are numb but cannot find ANYTHING online.

I don't really know to much about this, maybe others can help you out more, but I think to fix an LCD on a laptop you will need to send it back to the manufacturer. My friend had to do that with his tv, but maybe i'm wrong

Your computer is a commercial class made by MPC which has just filed Ch. 11.

I found a manual for it, but no LCD replacement procedure.

^ well tis only ch 11. It means they're still not out of the game yet.

Unlike freakin ciruit city. Thank god i didn't buy my tv there.

I know MPC went all Chapter 11, but I thought they only handled service, and Gateway did the actual manufacturing. I guess I'll just have to wing it. A friend of mine offered to help, he's replaced LCDs before just not in this model.

Sometimes the manual on the manufacturers website will have an indepth look at how to change LCDs...some won't. You'll just have to see. I know that a few lappies I worked with had LCD manuals while others didn't. Most cheap-o brands won't have instructions (like Acer, etc.). The one's I found instructions for were like Gateway, Compaq, Sony, etc. But like I said, it depends on the manufacturer, and the model.

Back
Top Bottom