Replacement MOBO for Emachines et 1331g

JackWatermelon

Baseband Member
I have given up hope on getting a new graphics card in hopes getting one that can run openGL 3.3 or better.
i do not want a new machine. I'm hoping that if i get a new motherboard it'll have some inter graded graphics that would have open gl 3.3 or better to run. It's for gaming. So is there a mobo i can put in this machine that would be compatible, just want open GL and it to be for windows 7. Oh wise internet wizards, is there hope?

I got some current upgrades for my machine, if they are not compatible I can replace them, just letting you all know so mabye it can help:

got a new power suply, works perfectly

New PC Power Supply Upgrade for eMachines ET1331G Computer | eBay

Here's what the inside of my machine looks like right now:

https://photos.shutterfly.com/gallery/17255bfb-35f7-4a0c-830e-c4b09c12a3eb

Here are the system specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer eMachines
System Model ET1330
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e Processor, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI P01-A0, 8/13/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.62 GB
Total Virtual Memory 14.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory 10.7 GB
Page File Space 9.00 GB

Fallout 4, i'm getting a 800 watt psu, my motherboard is broken. the pci-e slot snapped and there's no way a graphics card can stay in there, i tried. the fan ran for a little bit, it slipped out and my computer locked up. this happened 12 times. i need a new motherboard. any sugesstions of motherboards and motherboard related suggestions?

Anything even close to fallout 4, needs a dedicated GPU.

Not sure if the motherboard is a standard Mini-ATX. If it is, there are plenty of options.
What's good about AMD, is that they don't change sockets as often as Intel. So you can buy ether a AM3 or AM3+ socket motherboard and there are still plenty of those on the market.

However, you got to ask yourself, do you really want to upgrade a computer that old?
You could build a new one, and then use some of the parts from the old computer to save money.
I can't really recommend any motherboards for the AMD platform because i have little experience with AMD.
But in your case any cheap mini ATX AM3/+ motherboard will do.

Back
Top Bottom