Repeated Screen Flickering/Crashes, PLEASE HELP! :)

OK just an update guys. I work at best buy so I get a wicked discount on parts. I thought I would try out a swap on the GPU for a completely separate one. So I picked up an and radeon r9 270x and plugged it in. This was about a week ago and since then I have had no crashes, no flickers or tears. My buddy just bought a better GPU and his old one was the same as mine (amd radeon 7970ghz edition) so he's sending me that one to try out. If it works then I'll end up just using that and returning the r9 270x. But otherwise I will then know that there's some sort of issue with the card I was using.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Computer Forums mobile app

Well thank you ipwn for clearing that up. And I tend to hold the power for ten seconds then press if a few more times just to make sure really.

And could this be one of those rare problems of simple incompatibility?

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

I've seen that article along time ago iPWn but I don't trust it still, read up on many other sites they provide a better explanation, it would be faster if you do multi things all the time, that's why you delete the contents so it doesn't get piled with logs and logs.

Where did you get the other information about flushing the ram, I don't think it does much.

Where did you get the other information about flushing the ram, I don't think it does much.

Books + Experience, that's really all.

Knowing a little how the Windows boot process and horrible RAM management works, I simply tried it once. It fixed that specific machine, and subsequent machines having the same issue (get bast BIOS, but black screen (before or after Windows Logo)).

It's not, by any means, something you should resort to regularly. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's somewhat rare that bad info in RAM is causing an issue.

Back
Top Bottom