Removing hardware?

UNCLEMIKE1

Baseband Member
How do I remove (start over) the drivers for a usb touch screen so I can reinstall? The problem that I'm having is I installed the touch sreen through windows " found new hardware" before I installed the software and now the software doesn't find the monitor. I should have done it the other way around. I just want to make sure that when I start over there isn't still something in the registry or something that is going mess it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks peoples.

From the Control Panel, go to System. Click on the Hardware tab, then click the Device Manager button. Look for the screen on there (should be under display or input devices - maybe both). Once you find the particular entries, you can remove them by right-clicking and uninstalling.

spank_fusion said:
From the Control Panel, go to System. Click on the Hardware tab, then click the Device Manager button. Look for the screen on there (should be under display or input devices - maybe both). Once you find the particular entries, you can remove them by right-clicking and uninstalling.
Tried this sequence twice and nothing. Each time I remove the drivers for the plug and play monitor through the properties tab via uninstall, reboot, reinstall the drivers, reboot, plug in the monitor and it still does not show up in the software that came with it. Maybe there is another route?

Are you using the correct driver? If it starts the "add new hardware" at startup cancel it and install the driver that came with the screen. Or you can browse for the correct driver on "add new hardware". If you are using the correct driver and not a driver automatically installed by windows then I don't know what to do.

Jesusfrk611 said:
Are you using the correct driver? If it starts the "add new hardware" at startup cancel it and install the driver that came with the screen. Or you can browse for the correct driver on "add new hardware". If you are using the correct driver and not a driver automatically installed by windows then I don't know what to do.
I'm using the drivers that came on the software calibration disk that came with the monitor. Do you think there is something funky going on with the registry holding something?

Back
Top Bottom