Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-20-2004, 09:52 AM   #11
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,003
Default Re: remove a hotsearchbar.com toolbar

true Spybot has been blocking spyware from MSN (avenue.A)
but it has also been blocking the same spyware from Yahoo.
__________________

root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:57 AM   #12
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Hotbar=Hotmail ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto
Do you use Hotmail ? Is it part of there sneeky add ons ?
I highly recommend leaving Mr BG's HOT mail and useing Yahoo.
Yaaaaaahoooooo.calm.
Haha! Hotbar is nothing to do with Hotmail. Hotbar is yet another stupid search bar with Smilies and stuff which weirdos like to make their e-mails nice. Its also a bloody stupid thing that likes to install itself. Hotmail's Toolbar is the MSN Toolbar.

Your own mail server is probably the safest, although expensive, idea. You will also be able to have many different e-mails all on Outlook then.

Plus: Yahoo is Craptacular; and MSN don't have Spyware. They use, erm, Internet Eyes! to see what you're doing on their sites and help them make it better.

Plus Plus: Yahoo is evil.
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:34 PM   #13
Fully Optimized
 
crazyman143's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Haha! Hotbar is nothing to do with Hotmail. Hotbar is yet another stupid search bar with Smilies and stuff which weirdos like to make their e-mails nice. Its also a bloody stupid thing that likes to install itself. Hotmail's Toolbar is the MSN Toolbar.

Your own mail server is probably the safest, although expensive, idea. You will also be able to have many different e-mails all on Outlook then.

Plus: Yahoo is Craptacular; and MSN don't have Spyware. They use, erm, Internet Eyes! to see what you're doing on their sites and help them make it better.

Plus Plus: Yahoo is evil.
Lord K, yahoo is NOT evil. yahoo has many of the same features as hotmail, and did you know they give you 100 mb of storage? hotmail only gives you 2mb.
crazyman143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:47 PM   #14
entity512
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: remove a hotsearchbar.com toolbar

oooh but Gmail has 1GB!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:51 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
crazyman143's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,946
Default Re: remove a hotsearchbar.com toolbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by camers
oooh but Gmail has 1GB!
what is Gmail?
crazyman143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:14 PM   #16
entity512
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: remove a hotsearchbar.com toolbar

Googles web based email. I dont know if its public yet. But so far the now you have to be invited by a member. A guy in my school has it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #17
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: Hotbar=Hotmail ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Haha! Hotbar is nothing to do with Hotmail. Hotbar is yet another stupid search bar with Smilies and stuff which weirdos like to make their e-mails nice. Its also a bloody stupid thing that likes to install itself. Hotmail's Toolbar is the MSN Toolbar.

Your own mail server is probably the safest, although expensive, idea. You will also be able to have many different e-mails all on Outlook then.

Plus: Yahoo is Craptacular; and MSN don't have Spyware. They use, erm, Internet Eyes! to see what you're doing on their sites and help them make it better.

Plus Plus: Yahoo is evil.
How about a team effort then,yahoo and server.

Connect & Share: Chat live or swap files and photos on Myserver Yahoo! Instant Messenger, or exchange ideas on any topic through our numerous facilitated groups.


Protect & Manage: Relax - spend less time worrying about harmful viruses and annoying spam knowing that your free firewall and our protection solutions work 24/7 to provide you with a secure online environment.

And that's just the beginning. Stay tuned. There's more to come in your Inbox.

I'm standing by for more from My server.LK

MSN and Hotmail are all crap from Mr Billions Gates.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:58 PM   #18
In Runtime
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 223
Send a message via AIM to Barrett
Default

Easy to for you to say Bluto, is your computer infested with ANNOYING Spyware and Adware???
__________________
Compaq:
Windows XP Home
P4 1.6 GHZ
80gb Hardrive
nVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 200
CD-RW, DVD
Viewsonic 19" a90F CRT
I have had this rig since December 2001. I'm working on a new gaming machine that will dominate ALL!
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:40 AM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
crazyman143's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,946
Default Re: remove a hotsearchbar.com toolbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett
Easy to for you to say Bluto, is your computer infested with ANNOYING Spyware and Adware???
what do you mean? I agree. I also think yahoo is very good.
crazyman143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #20
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Hotbar=Hotmail ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto
How about a team effort then,yahoo and server.

Connect & Share: Chat live or swap files and photos on Myserver Yahoo! Instant Messenger, or exchange ideas on any topic through our numerous facilitated groups.


Protect & Manage: Relax - spend less time worrying about harmful viruses and annoying spam knowing that your free firewall and our protection solutions work 24/7 to provide you with a secure online environment.

And that's just the beginning. Stay tuned. There's more to come in your Inbox.

I'm standing by for more from My server.LK

MSN and Hotmail are all crap from Mr Billions Gates.
Lol! I think maybe I should edit that as advertisement!

I'm not going to spurt any advertisements for Microsoft, MSN, or Hotmail - all I will say is that if you really want to get e-mail properly: get a POP3 E-mail Server for just a couple of quid a month and run Outlook. Complete Spam Blocking; far more obscure; not Yahoo; not Gmail; whatever inbox size you need; and multiple e-mail addresses with the same domain. Very nice and highly recommended by myself.

However, if you're after Instant Messaging - then its got to be MSN! Am I the only one here who thinks the GUI on YIM and AIM is physically off putting?
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0