Remote Desktop Program

ebens311

In Runtime
I was wondering how exactly this program works. I use it at work, but never really thought to figure out why or how it works.

Is it possible to access my laptop from my desktop using this program if both computers are on the same network?

You can use the Windows Remote Desktop Connection for that. Then take control of the other person's PC. There are software you can buy too, like PC Anywhere that allow remote PC access.

Okay, so how am I supposed to do that? How do I know what exactly to connect to and have it set up? Any where I can find that out?

Well Windows remote desktop is the best when you are working with Windows XP Pro, Vista, Windows Server famili like 2000 and 2003.

First u have to allow on the computer to which u want to connect remote desktop.

You can find this settings in the control panel > system > remote

Windows remote desktop is using TCP port number 3389 so if u want to access any computer outside your network u will have to set up you routers to forward this ports to you computer.

After this simply open remote desktop client (RDP) and type IP address or hostname of the mashine u wish to access.

Log me in is a pretty cool solution for remote desktop, also free! great interface as well

Back
Top Bottom