Remote Desktop help

both computers or clients need to have Static IPs to establish connections more then once. A Static IP is a manual Ip set by the owner, if she is using her ISP IP it is most likly to change each she logs in.

Static IP set-up WINDOWS XP

both computers or clients need to have Static IPs to establish connections more then once. A Static IP is a manual Ip set by the owner, if she is using her ISP IP it is most likly to change each she logs in.

Static IP set-up WINDOWS XP
you don't need a static IP address, you just need to know what the address is when it changes...
(perhaps by using no-ip or dyndns ect).

Anyway...

perhaps I was hasty in my post.

perhaps your aunt doesn't have a router, does she just have a USB modem for connecting to the internet?
you may need to provide a little more if you want to get the anwers you're looking for.

Just use logmein! Its free and takes 30 seconds to set up. You can control your desktop through your browser on any machine in the world

www.logmein.com

OK me an my Aunt both have DLS
and the DLS MODEM is conected to the computer with a Ethernet Cord.

And I want to learn how to do this without a Program???

Here is the Thing?

I have always seen people Coneting Remotely to other computers.
And I know it will be faster with a outside Program but I would like to know how it can be doen with just what you have??

My computer and my Auns computer are both connected to the MODEM with a Ethernetcard and we have DSL.

Now even when we are offfline we are still online right???????
or is this not how it works???

Thanks I am going to read the Link you gave me.

But one more things??

If DSL is always online even if you close the Browser what about your IP Address?

When you Close your Browser does your IP Address change when you go online again??
Or do you keep the same one

Back
Top Bottom