Remote Desktop

dangerousbeme

In Runtime
Kinda a noob question, but how would i go about connecting to someones computer with windows xp remote desktop, like in which box do i put the ip and stuff. Plus, could i remotly desktop a computer on my LAN, even though we have same ips?

You have to be connected to the same network, i have a direct connection to my father's computer downstairs, so i can steal files, or print my stuff on his computer.

i have a lan set up wher i can share files, but i want to try to remote dektop other computers so i can actually navigate them remotely. I know to do this on computers locally and on teh internet i have to do something with ip addreses, but im not sure exactly where to enter information.

The program is "Remote Desktop Connection," in winxp pro under accesories/communication.

Thats mainly used for servers.. but..

Your computer (the one you want to remotely control) has to have Windows XP Professional... al all you do is enter the IP address in the top box... and click connect. You'll have to have the Username/Password to do this. If the computer doesnt have a password protected account, you have to make one. Also.. if you're connecting to windows xp pro, the account you are logging into to control has to be logged off... it cant be logged in.. if it is, the computer you're trying to remote into will ask if it can be connected to.

Hope this helped..

You can do it across the Internet by using VNC as long as the computer at the other end has the VNC service running. I think you also need admin rights on both machines, but I couldn't be sure.

Back
Top Bottom