Remote Control For Program Function Execution? ie: Winamp

j_v_z

Baseband Member
I've been looking at a few of the delux computer remot's that allow one button to control turning on multiple accessories at the same time. what im unclear on however is wethere or not you can program these remotes to execute program functions. for example, i wasnt to have a remote that i can use to add songs currently playing in my winamp to a number of different playlists. ie: button 1 adds song to rock/alternative playlist. button 2 adds song to hip-hop/rap playlist etc. anyone have any ideas if what im looking for exists? I want one that also can control multiple devices such as tv, dvd, speakers etc.

bump^^ still looking for info, all i can find is remote management, not remote control info

I would start by doing a google search and see if there is anything on the topic. I know that you can write php scripts that work with cell phones to turn on/off lights and other things controlled by your computer, but I don't know about a remote for music. What are the remotes that you are looking at?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom