Remote Access

avgjoe22

Baseband Member
I gave up on the dell, I have another problem. I have been trying to access my computer from school, I'm using RealVNC (free edition). I installed it on my machine; I haven't tried it from school, but when I ran the viewer on the machine that I wanted to accesss-many windows flooded the screen and they were all blank.

Now, I'm not sure why this is happening, and I'm not really farmilliar with the settings that are offered. Whether this is because the host and accessing computers were the same, I do not know... But if the problem is to persist, I would really like some help

Also, I wasnt sure which forum to put this post in, but im perfectly O.K. if a mod moves me

well, when you connect using the viewer to the same machine your running it on.. what do you expect? the viewer is trying to display what is on the screen, and the viewer sees it self.. which sees it self.. which sees it self... and so on and so fourth.

MikeReiner said:
well, when you connect using the viewer to the same machine your running it on.. what do you expect? the viewer is trying to display what is on the screen, and the viewer sees it self.. which sees it self.. which sees it self... and so on and so fourth.

OK that makes sense but do you have any more information on how to make it work from say... a computer at my school

setup the server at home, make sure the port is forwarded, write down your ip address, use the realvnc viewer at school, connect to the IP. pretty much it really..

Back
Top Bottom