Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Child Send a message via MSN to Voodoo Child Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo Child
Default remember this?

http://update.microsoft.com/microsof....aspx?ln=en-us

remeber this? well it is happening, the thing where they search the serial codes or w/e on ur comp, memeber that? i think that is this.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: remember this?

what? what is that supposed to do? check the authenticity of your software?

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Child Send a message via MSN to Voodoo Child Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo Child

remember there was this thing a while ago.

it was some lawsuit for microsoft to be able to check out the serial codes on there products to see if they are valid...via the internet without u knowing.
Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Im having problems using it, you know where you have the option to choose the OS, do you actually have to have the OS? I keep getting "Insert proper boot media"
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
BSOD

they didnt get that passed did they!?!!!!!!!!!!!!
King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Doesnt matter now, fixed it, I just needed to boot from virtual CD.

Overall, ,the program is useful, providing you have alot of RAM. I have 1GB, and I could only set in to 768, for the Virtual OS, and it still ran slow, because it is inside Windows XP already. I tested the program with ReactOS, Live version, and must say, the Virtual PC program is well worth a download, get a linux distro or something, and play about with it. Perfect for running a Linux hosting distro, within Windows, again, you need a nice amount of RAM for it to run smoothly though, 2GB will proberly be nice. Also, if you have any old hard drives about, and you are looking to run Virtual PC, well, put your hard drive in your computer. If it is 15GB, or more, it will be perfect. Make the Virtual OS run inside the secondary hard drive, and it will run alot faster, and you will be able to save more files, and the experience, will be at least 50% more better.

I ran the Virtual OS at first, on my primary partition, with 256MB RAM, and it was awful!

Secondly, I ran the Virtual OS on my primary partition, with 768MB RAM, and it ran better, but still, not an enjoyable, confortable speed.

Thirdly, I ran the VirtualOS on my 30GB secondary OS, with, again, 768MB RAM, and it ran alot better.

VirtualPC, only lets you use 3/4 of your physical amount of RAM, you can use more, however, you do get a warning dialougue, and, your main OS does run, much slower.

Set a nice little Linux distro, on a seperate partition, or seperate hard drive, with a nice amount of RAM, and the overall experience with Virtual PC, will be enjoyable.

joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote