Hey guys, I am having problems getting the timings that Newegg.com posts as possible with this pair of ram. I have OCZ Titanium XTC 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail. Supposedly runs at 4-4-4-12 with 2.1 volts. I set the voltage to 2.1, even to 2.175, I set it to those timings and my system becomes extremely unstable, blue screens, crashes, locks up. It does run for about 5 minutes though, and I'm able to play unreal 2004 for about 5 minutes sometimes.
I managed to make it stable with timings of cas 5-4-4-16-25-2T. Oddly enough cpu-z tells me that it's 5-4-4-18-26-2T. So I'm confused as to whether cpu-z is giving me correct timings, or to trust the BIOS where I manually set this. I had to disable EPP because it crashes the system also. I ran Memtest on each stick individually, when I had the looser 54418 timings, I got zero errors after 3 passes, on both sticks. When I ran memtest with 44412 timings I got 20 errors after 3 passes on both sticks.
On neweggs site a user posted that he had to change his northbridge voltage to 1.5 v. My north and south bridge are automatically set to default of 1.2 volts. I'm kinda scared of frying the board so I didn't raise that voltage to test it.
Any advice as to what's up? It runs in dual channel and at ddr2 800, so I'm happy with that. But the timings
* OCZ part number:- OCZ Titanium XTC
* Module size and kit size:-2 x 2 GB kit
* CPU model and rated speed:-amd 6400+
* Overclocked CPU speed:-no overclocks
* Divider and FSB used:-16 x 200 mhz
* Motherboard and revision:- GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM
* Motherboard Bios rev:-F3 Latest from December
* Video card:-8800 GTS evga 320 MB
* Power supply:-Antec 550W True Power Tri
* Operating System:-XP sp2 home
* CPU and System Cooling:-amd heat sink fan.
* CPU and System temps:-47 C = cpu
* Purchased at/on:-NEWEGG.com Feb. 15 2008
* Memory voltage:-2.1 volts
For people that need to see my motherboard manufacturer page with pdf manual download: