Release of SP1

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Well with the official release of SP1 coming tantalizingly close, I have one simple question for all of you.

Can SP1 save Vista? I'm a Microsoft fan-boy, but even I cannot get on the Vista bandwagon. We all pretty much know what is going to be in SP1 based off RC and the beta, but I'll sum them up:

- Transferring files to local computers have %50 decreased transfer rate times.
- Transferring files to remote computers have %25 decreased transfer rate times.
- A number of security bugs that Microsoft won't give us details about, (probably to avoid looking foolish)
- More hardware support for older pieces of hardware
- Fixed numerous bugs that caused crashes
- Fixed numerous scenarios in which network connections were dropped
- Improved large image reading time by %50

Thats just to sum up what I feel are the most important parts. A full list can be found here: http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...f706-401e-abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true

Anyways, is all this enough to 'save' vista from becoming another Windows ME? Will this streamline the transition from XP and dare i say steal back the small percentage of market-share windows has lost to apple over the past 2 years?

Vista will never become the next ME, theirs this kind of resistance to every new OS upgrade. Look at one of the first threads posted on this forum about XP.

Back
Top Bottom