Well with the official release of SP1 coming tantalizingly close, I have one simple question for all of you.
Can SP1 save Vista? I'm a Microsoft fan-boy, but even I cannot get on the Vista bandwagon. We all pretty much know what is going to be in SP1 based off RC and the beta, but I'll sum them up:
- Transferring files to local computers have %50 decreased transfer rate times.
- Transferring files to remote computers have %25 decreased transfer rate times.
- A number of security bugs that Microsoft won't give us details about, (probably to avoid looking foolish)
- More hardware support for older pieces of hardware
- Fixed numerous bugs that caused crashes
- Fixed numerous scenarios in which network connections were dropped
- Improved large image reading time by %50
Thats just to sum up what I feel are the most important parts. A full list can be found here: http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true
Anyways, is all this enough to 'save' vista from becoming another Windows ME? Will this streamline the transition from XP and dare i say steal back the small percentage of market-share windows has lost to apple over the past 2 years?