Reinstalling your motherboard

Shantei

In Runtime
Well .. I'm going to be buying a new case and have never actually completely reinstalled a computer before and was wondering if there's any personal experience out there about how I should go ... about it. Like, first thing's first .. unplug everything.... and what I should be most aware of and things like that.

Thanks!

Well .. I'm going to be buying a new case and have never actually completely reinstalled a computer before and was wondering if there's any personal experience out there about how I should go ... about it. Like, first thing's first .. unplug everything.... and what I should be most aware of and things like that.

Thanks!
Definitely make sure you make note of where the front panel connectors go on the motherboard so that you can reconnect the connectors for the new case properly. A pad and a pen will be a useful tool if you are unsure of where things might go, just write it down.

Also, in the new case, make sure you have the motherboard standoffs in place to space the motherboard away from the case when you screw it down, thats very important.

And just generally take note of where things go before you take the components out of the new case. It's not hard transferring stuff from one case to another at all. You'll get through it.

Thanks Tommy.

The case I was actually intending to get was this:

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/XClio_6030Plus/index.shtml

It's a good price and supposedly good cooling system. I didn't realise at first it came with a huge 360mm fan on the side. I can't decide whether that's a bad or good thing. It's chunky that's for sure, plus you can switch it off ... but it also asks whether I need any other fans because it's so ginormous it'd blow everything out anyway. I secondly intended it, which basically is the first, to get a front chassis fan, because my current one doesn't have any chassis ... I'd still best get these components aye?

Back
Top Bottom