reinstalling windows

jcon891

Daemon Poster
hi i am about to reinstall windows through a boot disk that some guy made me and i have 2 hd's. one is C drive which is the primary (10 gig) and the other is D drive (60 gig) backup. i would like to know a few things before i do this...
1.) is there any way to combine these 2 drives to create one big space?
2.) if not, is there a way to switch it so that the 60 is primary?
3.) and once i reinstall, is there a way to delete programs that i dont want (from the boot disk intallation) off both drives? (it seems like the last times i did it, when i go to add/delete programs, it only deleted things off of my primary drive..:(

please help
*this is urgent, i need to do this within about 2 hours so plleeaassee someone*

Im assuming you're loading XP.

1. in disk managment you can stripe two drives to become one large 70 gb space.

2. You need to open the pc and set drive jumpers accordingly. Master/slave. In your case, Master (60gb) Slave (10gb). You might also need to consider where to place them on the IDE cable. If you have each on a separate IDE channel (Primary IDE / Secondary IDE) then you can set each to Master, as long as any other IDE components (CD-drives) are set as slave. At minimum put the 60 gb as Master on Primary IDE.
Then as XP begins to load, you'll be prompted to set which drive to put your OS on ... choose the 60gb.

3. If you want everything wiped clean prior to installing your OS, you can FDISK or just use XP's delete partition option. If you're looking to delete files AFTER you reload your OS, then you're on your own with that, cause I'm not sure what you're looking to delete so soon after newly loading your hard drive with your OS.

ok

ok ty, im not gonna go through all that w/ the wires, ill just do fdisk :D

oh and what i wanted to delete were programs, because a guy made me a boot disk for my computer w/ progs that he thought i would want, but there are some i dont want, and i have 2 drives so when i delete a program off of 1 drive, for example the C: drive, it is still installed on the D: drive.

Back
Top Bottom