Regcleaner deleted all my files. Please help.

The Maitch

Beta member
I was cleaning every thing out with regcleaner, and every file on my computer has been removed. None of the folders/files open. IE is the only thing that is working, and opening. Any help on how to restore every thing back to normal (lets hope) will be appreciated. Thanks.

Um...

Jeeze. Did you back up the reg before you did this? Never, ever, ever do anything to the reg without backing it up FIRST.
If you can get to the f8(start in safe mode) menu select the last known good configuration. If you really wrecked the reg that badly you're gonna have to start over.

Tisk, Tisk, ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY ON A FLOPPY! it takes like 1 min at the most, you may be able to have a friend that has the same OS as you to make one for you (though it may not work, it's worth a try though)

Didn't the program make a backup? I thought most usally did, or prompted you to select that option before you started...

If it does make it's own backup, I wouldn't know how to open it anyways since no files open except for internet explorer. It looks like I'll have to reinstall..

The Maitch said:
I was cleaning every thing out with regcleaner, and every file on my computer has been removed. None of the folders/files open. IE is the only thing that is working, and opening. Any help on how to restore every thing back to normal (lets hope) will be appreciated. Thanks.
Would you please post a link to the regcleaner program you used. I would really like to see it.

Back
Top Bottom