Refurbished Dell!!

palladin the II

Baseband Member
I was on dell website and they have a rufurbished xps 600 for 1300..check out the specs..

dual core/160gb/6800/SLI/830 3 ghz/dual drives/raid cable/1gb.....would you guys buy refurbished? why? why not?

That looks like a good computer, but I'd have to remember that its a DELL, which I'm sure the title of the site would remind me of, and that its pre-built. Other than that, it looks good...

Make sure they list the motherboard and stuff like that though. You might end up getting really cheap RAM and Motherboard which will slow the computer down like hell anyway.

whats the deal with dell? people here hate them...arent the xps's awesome computers? i thought they were.....speak to me, oh wise one...i need to learn..

They can be good computer, but they make their own connectors for everything. So it is hard to replace cases, and the CPU fan socket is different, so its hard, BUT POSSIBLE, to replace parts.

The Dell XPS, huh? There alright I guess, though they say they are a gaming computer, and yet like every DELL, use a Intel Pentium 4 Processor.
That advert just made me laugh, since they'd signed something with Intel to only use their processors. You may wonder why I almost laughed at the advert, but AMD has been proven to be slightly better at games than a Intel, and so, if it was a gaming PC, surely they would have used an AMD.

Thats not what I have against them though... well it is... I just hate comanies who build PC's... and PC World, and all that rubbish.

Have you seen how they advertise? They say this "It has an Intel Pentium 4 processor with HT technology"...wow....what Gigahtz rating is that? It has 512MB of RAM? Eh? What speed?... What motherboard?... Oh, that cheap huh?.... Oh...

I just prefer to buy parts and build...alot cheaper...

Whats the best for upgrading though....HP or SONY? the most important part for me is power supply....the "fatherboard"...lol...

Back
Top Bottom