refresh rate?

yea i have a question about that too, like what is refresh rate and what should I set mine to?

The refresh rate of a monitor (in Hz) is the number of times the picture changes in one second. Worded differently, the number of frames per second. E.g., if it's at 60Hz, it goes through one frame every 0.0166(...), or 1/60th seconds. At 75Hz, it's 0.0133(...), or 1/75th seconds. There's not too much of a difference, so if I were you, I'd leave it at 60Hz if it's looking buggy. Human eyes typically can't distinguish between 75 and anything above 75. But it's always nice to have a higher one, especially for gaming. That extra 0.0033 can make all the difference, lol.

@CompMan:
Look up what monitor you have, and it should give a refresh rate under its specifications. Most LCDs are 75; however, I have seen some that only go up to 60.

I have my CRT set to 60, just because things look weird at anything above.

to me 60hz is waaaayy to slow. I'd probably kill myself before use my monitor at 60hz. :D
Currently I have set my monitor at 100hz, though there isn't a big difference between 80hz and 100hz. If I'm using the computer and someone asks me if it's 80hz or 100hz I can't tell. But something like 60hz just looks ugly and makes my eyes hurt.

And what to set it to? Well thats all about personal preference. Try out all of the ones available in your monitor and see which you like the most.

Yeah, I agree, at 60hz it looks bad. To me at least. I have mine set at 85hz, its the highest my CRT can go. My graphics card supports like 200hz or something though, whats the point of that?

drumthrasher said:
so however high u can go that would be the best?
well yeah, but some people still prefer the slower refresh rates. Don't know why, I guess they are just used to it.

Back
Top Bottom