Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-27-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default reformatting

i have 2 hard drives and i want to reformat one, how do i do this i have windows xp home...its the slave i wanna reformat

longworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: reformatting

Well look no further, though I doubt you even looked at all. John123 made a guide on how to reformat/reinstall your hard drive right here.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=35432

Old 04-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

u meaning how many? Um I suggest just going into bios setting your first bootdrive as CD/DVD or w/e toss in your XP CD and if you click around enough you'll find a way to portion best way in my experience is if you have a reformat CD from your HD manfactuer.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
u meaning how many? Um I suggest just going into bios setting your first bootdrive as CD/DVD or w/e toss in your XP CD and if you click around enough you'll find a way to portion best way in my experience is if you have a reformat CD from your HD manfactuer.

portion? you mean partition or format? lol
anyway just use the xp cd as already stated. do you want an os on the other one though? im sure you can also get a boot disk and do it that way
Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by longworm
i have u hard drives and i want to reformat one, how do i do this i have windows xp home
If the drive is not your C: drive that has windows on it you can format it via disk management (right click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management, right click the drive you wish to partition/format and away you go.
If the drive you wish to format is your C: drive then set your cd rom drive to first boot device in the bios, pop your XP disk in the drive, reboot, hit any key to boot from cd when prompted and away you go. Don't forget to set your first boot device back to C: drive when the format/reinstallation is complete.

Standard WarningThis procedure will wipe all information from the disks, please ensure you have backed up all important data before commencing
Deathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Yeah, well informed Deathstar.

Longworm, no affence man, but next time could you write in proper understand-able english..?
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSK
Well look no further, though I doubt you even looked at all. John123 made a guide on how to reformat/reinstall your hard drive right here.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=35432
i did look vbut i only got stuff on doing 1 drive and i didn know if it was different
Old 04-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
Baseband Member

i reformated my drive and i deleted the partition so now i cant use it how do it make a partition or atleast make it usable
Old 04-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
BSOD

OK, some info first please .......
The drive ..... is it a slave drive or your intended C: drive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by longworm
i reformated my drive and i deleted the partition so now i cant use it how do it make a partition or atleast make it usable
This is back to front, you should have deleted the partition, recreated it then formatted the new partition
Deathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #10
Baseband Member

ya i prolly should have waited for sum help first...but ya i deleted it and i was like crap...so then i couldnt make another one and the windows help wasnt any good so i went to enable the drive (cuz i couldnt do ne thing else to it) and it said i have like 500 Gigs which is really not right soo i was like umm uh o and i restared then it said it worked and i reformated it again and it worked